Sylvia’s Place is looking for people who want to give back to their communities. Being a home like environment, there are many opportunities at Sylvia’s Place for those willing to be a part of helping women and children gain back their confidence and independence as well as contributing to efficient program operations. We welcome your call or email for more information on how you can help.
Volunteer support is welcomed and needed in the following areas:
- To be available during facility programs, when mothers are working on case management needs, health and medical appointments and additional times as needed.
- Arts and crafts
- Videos, games, field trips
Resident Education/Life Skills
- Helping residents build skills necessary for independent living (Budget Planning, Housing Search, Creating a Resume, Organization, etc)
- Instructional programs (cooking, housekeeping tips, parenting guides, creative arts, etc)
- Transport residents to mandatory appointments
- Medical and mental health appointments
- Emergency transportation
- Minor Repairs
- Yard Work/Gardening
- Donation Organization
Adopt a Family (October – January)
- Contacting donors and pairing with families
- Wrapping gifts and delivering them to families
- Donation organization and inventory
Whatever your skills and talents are, we are always looking for helpful hands. Even if you have an interest outside of what is listed here that you would be willing to share with our agency and those we are honored to serve, please contact us. Learn more about volunteering by completing the form below or email us to request an application be sent to you. We are excited to hear from you!